After going through quite an unhealthy time in my life, I became aware of the fact that I was slowly creating unhealthy habits for myself. Just last year I gained the motivation to start deliberately taking proper care of myself – physically, spiritually and emotionally. I obtained the mindset of: If this is the life I’ve been given then I’m going to start creating good and healthy habits. Anybody who’s had similar experiences can relate that taking proper care of yourself feels absolutely liberating! I personally feel way happier as a person when I set healthy goals. Taking care of yourself creates for a happier you – and this is reflected, not only internally but, also externally (hello healthy summer body!).
Sometimes life can get a little overwhelming though, and that’s when you may find it helpful to seek inspiration by exploring some simple goals (I’m also guilty of hitting up Pinterest when this happens). I’m a list person at heart. Seriously though, I make lists for everything!
Below I’ve put together a list of 15 things that I’m going to start doing more of. I hope somebody finds this helpful in one way or another – and let me know if you think I’ve missed any good points. I appreciate all the feedback that I can get 🙂
1. Drink plenty of water (including tea!)
2. Eat a big breakfast
3. My Mama was always right – Eat your fruit and veggies!
4. Be active
5. Go to bed earlier (or at a decent time would be nice… )
6. Stop thinking negative thoughts and exchange them for positive ones!
7. Avoid eating sugar, you’re sweet enough already
8. Cultivate the habit of being grateful
9. Have more patience
10. Explore more places and go on more adventures!
11. Spend more time with God – soaking in His goodness and seeking His presence
12. Read more
13. Be extra kind
14. Go outside
15. Be fearlessly authentic
I’d love your feedback!